The Accounts Receivable Specialist will perform accounts receivable functions for multiple operating companies in a shared service environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Processes high volumes of customer payments, for multiple companies, including GL coding
• Practices safeguards and controls relating to bank account / credit card and other financial data
• Reconciles AR to GL for period closing
• Apply cash receipts, debit memos and credit memos to open items in AR system for one or more operating companies
• Processes credit card payments
• Initiate or administer A/R adjustments
• Research and resolve un-matched lockbox transactions
• Reconcile the daily deposits
• Create and administer miscellaneous invoices
• Ensures intercompany payments are posted to accounts receivable accurately and in a timely manner
• Tracks requested data and maintains established spreadsheets
• Researches and resolves problems, and documents communications with customer
• Responds to incoming customer inquiries that pertain to accounts receivable, credit or collections
• Works independently on small to medium tasks
• Collaborates and works with a team
• Willing to help when or where needed
• Collaborates effectively with management, users, operating companies and all other departments within LI
• Ability to manage and organize multiple deadlines, phone calls, emails and paper correspondence
• Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with team, management, customers and suppliers
• Understands processes, policies and procedures
• Provides high level of customer service to meet service level standards
• Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1+ years of accounts receivable experience preferred. Associate’s degree (AA) in business-related subject(s) desired. Must have demonstrated customer service skills, be self-motivated and possess the ability to work in a team environment. Transportation industry experience a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Language & Communication Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to speak clearly and produce quality written communications. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Time Management & Organizational Skills
Must possess the ability to prioritize one’s own tasks, adapt to new information and situations, and be self-motivated to manage your time effectively. Requires a high level of organization in both managing time and tasks, but the flexibility to adjust either as needed. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitasking several priorities at once.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Successful candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and understanding of basic functions such as formatting, filters, sorting, grouping, etc. Working PC knowledge and experience and have the ability to use and troubleshoot a variety of machines such as copiers, scanners, telephones, etc. Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.) is a plus.
Employee must be able to type 35 wpm and operate 10 key by touch. Employee must be flexible to work alone or as part of a team under pressure of deadlines or business volume increases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to talk and hear while communicating with customers, vendors, and coworkers by telephone, email or in person. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of equipment, office products, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus while entering data, answering phones and monitoring office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Lynden Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.