QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with emphasis on business management or transportation studies from a four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as hazardous materials shipping regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and density.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with others.
- Must be able to type and/or use keyboard efficiently.
- Position requires ability to write, use keyboard and 10-key efficiently. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to conduct telephone communication for extended periods. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER COMMENTS: Position is located in a non-smoking facility
Lynden Transport is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply