Provides human resources and administrative services with primary emphasis in the areas of recruitment, wage and hour administration; government compliance and regulatory reporting, policy development and implementation; personnel attendance and leave tracking; maintenance of electronic timekeeping system including training and reporting and general administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Timely collects, enters and summarizes pay information such as rates, hours worked and leave information for processing payroll on a semi-monthly basis; works in conjunction with parent company’s Financial Services to collect and validate payroll information prior to transmission.
• Compiles personnel and other reports and statistics for reporting and management purposes.
• Maintains electronic timekeeping system and trains personnel in the use of the system to include creating various system-generated reports for meeting the needs of managers.
• Tracks attendance and leave records for FMLA and statistical reporting.
• Performs specialized or confidential administrative duties, including researching data and preparing reports as needed.
• Creates and maintains personnel files and records on all employees.
• Assists employees, supervisors and managers in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
• Assists supervisors and managers with coaching and counseling situations concerning personnel management, motivation, discipline and documentation.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of current federal and state employment laws.
• Recruits for open positions. Conducts phone and in-person interviews as necessary. Schedules appointments for pre-employment physicals and drug screens, as needed.
• Assists with the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) for the Company, assists employees with issues relating to LMS, and participates in the Lynden Learn Team and the Lynden HRTF (Human Resources Task Force).
• Conducts new employee orientations.
• Assists in maintaining the company “Fit for Work” program and drug and alcohol testing program; including providing drug and alcohol and supervisor signs and symptoms training; counseling employees, supervisors and managers in the interpretation and application of the program.
• Responsible for oversight of the records retention program for the Company; participates in the Lynden Records Retention Team.
• Provides general administrative support for the executive and management teams of AMT.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
B.A. from four-year college or university; and a minimum of three years human resources, administrative, or payroll experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively present information in writing and orally in one-on-one and small group situations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have a high level of proficiency and accuracy in all duties (minimum 50 wpm typing skills)
• Must be detail-oriented and possess good analytical aptitude with an attention to detail
• Ability to organize projects, prioritize workflow and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately under tight deadlines
• Must possess in-depth knowledge of employment laws
• Must demonstrate ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with management, supervisors, staff and the general public.
• Must present a professional appearance
• Must maintain confidentiality
• Ability to attain a high level of proficiency in the KRONOS timekeeping system
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Must be available to beyond regular business hours, if required. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Alaska Marine Trucking is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment screening and background check.