EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, finance, or other related field and 7 years related work experience in business analytics and operations; or High school education or equivalent and 10 years related work experience in business analytics and operations. Experience in multi-modal transportation and Lynden operating systems preferred.
- The successful candidate for this position is expected to take ownership of assigned processes. The candidate will also represent the corporate principles and policies, demonstrate leadership and project a professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information in writing and in person in one-on-one situations with customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, government and legal documents and regulations, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions by top managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Fully competent with PC, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Able to create spreadsheets and analyze data.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work beyond standard business hours to successfully meet job demands.
- Able to perform local and overnight (air) business travel as required, sometimes with short notice. Travel could be international, passport required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and cohesively with others.
- Familiarity or competency with Oracle OBIE and Tableau
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve both practical and unusual problems. Ability to deal with a variety of complex or difficult situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written or oral form. Fully competent to make independent decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer