QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Position requires the candidate have the ability to:
- Operate forklifts from 5,000 to 50,000 lbs.
- Read and interpret documents such as hazardous materials shipping regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Write routine reports and correspondence Present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the general public
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal
- Conduct telephone communication
- Write & use a keyboard
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Work with others
- Lift up to 75 lbs
- Sit, stand or walk for extended periods
- Reach overhead.
- Finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls for extended periods
- Stoop, kneel, crawl, crouch, or crawl to examine equipment and cargo
- Push or pull freight up to 4000 pounds with the use of a pallet jackWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position is located in a non-smoking facilityWomen and minorities are encouraged to apply
- Position is located in a non-smoking facility
- The employee also may work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration
- Successful candidate must pass pre-employment drug test
- Lynden Transport is an equal opportunity employer